Thursday, May 06, 2010

Edit:

My previous post probably contains some misinformation w/r/t Intel chips, Uyen has pointed out. So, it should be taken with a grain of salt. It was a very emotional and frustrating time. My laptop wouldn't make sound.

I have new toys! The firestudio mobile-- firewire interface and all-around solid piece of hardware. The m-audio axiom 25 midi controller. A revamped old-school laptop with TI firewire running Ableton Live on Windows 7 with less than 8.5 ms of latency = totally acceptable setup.

Edit: totally awesome setup.

Like everyone else, I'm kinda stumped by this Ableton program. First order of business is some form of workflow in and around the software.

*********************

A heads up: I will be doing a Chicago House Tour in the coming month or two. Details are being worked out, but it finna be great. Things I know for sure:

1. Bikes will be involved.
2. It will *most likely* end at Smartbar.
3. There might be special t-shirts that all the youngsters will envy.
4. It might not involve bikes.

1 comment:

Uyen D said...

hahaha, your edit regarding Intel chips was not necessary, but thank you! let me know anytime you are considering new hardware, we can have animated discussions!

i am intrigued by talks of this Chicago House Tour... more info please!