Old Man Winter blew into Chicago this morning, and apparently he's staying all day. Not a good sign. My soul is responding with a vicious Rooibos Queen's Tea craving. Available exclusively (as far as I know) at New Wave Cafe in Logan Square, it's by far and away the best prepared warm beverage I know. The dearth of Queen's Tea in my life has been made extra apparent by the two pale imitations I've consumed this past week --pretenders to the throne-- one at Filter and one at Julius Meinl.
Twice now I've dutifully asked baristas for rooibos with steamed milk (which I suspect is the secret behind a Queen's Tea), and each time I've received rooibos in tepid water, with some steamed milk on top. Vile.
A Queen's Tea from New Wave on the other hand is rich, warm, foamy and naturally sweet.
#thingsineedrightnow
No comments:
Post a Comment